Outpatient cardiac and pulmonary services at UT Health Pittsburg help you return to your daily life with the necessary tools to manage your condition.
Our cardiovascular program includes highly trained cardiologists, a range of diagnostic tools and a popular program of cardiac rehabilitation.
Fellowship-trained cardiologists see patients during weekly heart clinics held in Pittsburg. Using the latest imaging tools, research and therapies, they detect and treat heart problems.
For an appointment at our cardiology clinic, please call 903-595-5514. Medicaid, Medicare and most insurance plans are accepted.
UT Health Pittsburg provides an array of cardiovascular tests to identify heart problems and diseases. These include:
- Calcium scoring – a noninvasive test to determine buildup of plaque in arteries
- Cardiac stress testing – which uses nuclear medicine to check for blockages in the coronary arteries during physical activity
- Echocardiograms – which rely on ultrasound technology to create standard two-dimensional, three-dimensional and Doppler images of the heart
- Electrocardiograms – also called EKGs or ECGs, which involve the use of electrodes to check for problems with the electrical activity of the heart, such as heart rhythm disorders
- Holter monitor – a small, battery-powered device that is worn for 24 hours to measure your heart rate, rhythm and function during normal daily activities
- Lexiscan – a form of cardiac stress testing that uses a drug instead of exercise to increase heart rate, so that physicians can check for blockages
- MyHeart First – seven important heart screenings for detecting cardiovascular problems before they become life-threatening, bundled together in one appointment at one low price of $149. To make an appointment, call 903-856-4215.
UT Health Pittsburg’s cardiac rehabilitation program is designed for those who are recovering from cardiac surgery, or who have a heart condition. It is a medically supervised exercise program that helps increase your strength and stamina and reduce your risk of having another heart event.
To learn more, please call 903-946-5463.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program uses education, breathing retraining, medication, oxygen, bronchial hygiene, adaptive equipment and monitored exercise to improve the quality of life for people with a variety of conditions that may cause shortness of breath.
To learn more about pulmonary rehabilitation, please call 903-946-5463.
Fellowship-trained pulmonologists see patients during weekly specialty clinics held in Pittsburg. Using the latest imaging tools, research and therapies, they detect and treat lung problems.
For an appointment at our pulmonology clinic, please call 903-592-6901. Medicaid, Medicare and most insurance plans are accepted.