For the safety of our patients, guests and caregivers, visitors are not allowed at this time. Currently, only on-duty staff, physicians and patients seeking care may enter.
Visitation exceptions for non COVID-19 will be made in certain situations, including:
- Operating room: Pediatric patients (Age 17 and younger) undergoing surgery may have both parents or legal guardian present. Adult patients are allowed one visitor at pre-op.
- Emergency room: Pediatric patients visiting the emergency room may have both parents or legal guardian present. Adults are allowed one visitor, but must remain in the room.
- Clinics: Pediatric patients visiting a clinic may have both parents or legal guardian present. Adults may have one person over the age of 18 and anyone who assists with communication.
- Inpatient care: One screened visitor at a time is allowed. The screening form should be provided to the charge nurse by the visitor.
- COVID unit: Visitors are NOT allowed on the COVID floor.
- Other exceptions: Family members when a patient is at the end of life and government personnel
Visitors at all facilities will be screened before being given access to the facility and they must be masked upon entering the facility. Visitors should remain with the patient.
Phone and video calls to patients are welcome and encouraged. To call a patient room, please call 903-946-5516. You must be able to provide the patient’s first and last name.
UT Health East Texas Physician Clinics are also limiting visitors due to COVID-19. Please see the clinic visitor policy.